🔴 Spam reporting is crowd sourced across the web, with mail accounts and domains having a trust level associated with them based on their reputation. If a large volume of recipients flag your messages as spam, this will lower your score and increase the risk of being flagged as spam automatically by a mail provider. These best practices should help avoid this issue and there are steps you can take to repair your trust level.
How Resource uses your mailbox and domain:
As a 1 to 1 contact system we use your mailbox to deliver email to candidates and therefor have a much higher delivery success rate vs a third party mail server or domain. However, if your domain or mailbox is flagged for spam all content sent from it can suffer for sometime until the trust level increases.
- Personalized emails with content specific to the recipient have a higher delivery success rate than those that contain content known to email providers as common email spam. Be personal, transparent and compelling.
- Check your Sending Reputation and messaging with these free tools: https://sendgrid.com/blog/5-ways-check-sending-reputation/
- Newly created mailboxes at your domain have a lower trust level than established email accounts. Be cautious sending large volumes of mail from a new account until it has delivered mail to contacts over time.
- Avoid hitting sending limits in GSuite, which are 2,000 emails per day per email address. You can tell Resource to speed limit your outreach via the campaign settings menu.
- Avoid language that is commonly flagged for trying to relay urgency or earnings (by no means the only authority but HubSpot maintains a list here.)
- Honor requests by candidates to not be contacted again, this can be set on any candidate profile within Resource.
How can I monitor my email delivery in detail in GSuite or Exchange?
- While not affiliated with Resource.io, SendGrid is an application that helps domains maintain and restore their sending reputation with detailed tools and reporting.
- GSuite Admins can view a Message Delivery Report https://support.google.com/a/answer/7486021?hl=en
- Office 365 Admins can use Microsoft Message Trace for more detailed information https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/office-365-security/message-trace-scc